Christmas Comfort Kit Drive
Hundreds of children in our area enter foster care every year with just the clothes on their back or a few belongings in a garbage bag. In collaboration with Child Protective Services, we have developed Comfort Kits (quality bags with many useful items) for children who have just been uprooted from their family. In order to meet the need that our Child Protective Services and foster care organizations are requesting, we need 1,000 Comfort Kits.
The average retail costs for each of these age appropriate bags and many useful items is $50-70.
Our biggest need is for donations (so we can purchase items in bulk at around $40/kit) and volunteers to help us assemble the kits on December 2nd. If you wish to purchase items on your own, please check out the "Shop" button below.
Can you or your organization donate Comfort Kits?
- • 100 kits - $4,000 (Gold Sponsor, large event banner & appreciation on our website & social media)
- • 50 kits - $2,000 (Silver Sponsor, medium event banner & appreciation on our website & social media)
- • 25 kits - $1,000 (Bronze Sponsor, small event banner & appreciation on our website & social media)
- • 10 kits - $400
- • 5 kits - $200
- • Each kit - $40
Can you volunteer at the Christmas Comfort Kit Drive?
Mark your calendar for this unforgettable morning where we’ll get to assemble all of the comfort kits together! Hear from local agencies about what is happening in Foster Care and ways for you to get involved. Write notes of encouragement for the kids that will receive the kits and be a part of a very special morning.
- • December 2, 8:30-11:30 am
- • Centenary Church Fellowship Center (corner of McHenry & Tokay)