Christmas Comfort Kit Drive
Hundreds of children in our area enter foster care every year with just the clothes on their back or a few belongings in a garbage bag. In collaboration with Child Protective Services, we have developed Comfort Kits (quality bags with many useful items) for children who have just been uprooted from their family. In order to meet the need that our Child Protective Services and foster care organizations are requesting, we need 1,000 Comfort Kits.
There are 3 ways you, your family, congregation, business or organization can get involved: Donate, Volunteer and/or Shop.
Our biggest need right now is for financial donations so we can purchase items in bulk at around $40/kit (the average retail costs shopping for each of these kits is $50-70) and volunteers to help us assemble the kits on December 1st. All donations are tax-deductible.
Can you or your organization donate Comfort Kits?
- • 100 kits - $4,000 (Gold Sponsor, large event banner & appreciation on our website & social media)
- • 50 kits - $2,000 (Silver Sponsor, medium event banner & appreciation on our website & social media)
- • 25 kits - $1,000 (Bronze Sponsor, small event banner & appreciation on our website & social media)
- • 10 kits - $400
- • 5 kits - $200
- • Each kit - $40
Can you volunteer at the Christmas Comfort Kit Drive?
Mark your calendar for this unforgettable morning where we’ll get to assemble all of the comfort kits together! Hear from local agencies about what is happening in Foster Care and ways for you to get involved. Write notes of encouragement for the kids that will receive the kits and be a part of a very special morning.
- • December 1, 8:30-11:30 am
- • Centenary Church Fellowship Center (corner of McHenry & Tokay)
There are also volunteer opportunities to set up for the event on November 29th and 30th!