- Project List
- Safe Families for Children - Coach a Host Family!
Safe Families for Children - Coach a Host Family!
6 have signed up & 14 openings remain.
Shelli Prosser, Gloria Medlin
Safe Families for Children provides much needed support for parents in crisis, giving them time to get back on their feet while their children are cared for in a safe and loving environment. You can play a vital role in Safe Families for Children by becoming a Family Coach to help parents in crisis get back on their feet.
As a Family Coach, you will:
- Support the Host Family. This ensures that families get the support and resources they need to provide a safe and nurturing environment for children.
- Monitor children’s safety. Because safety is a top priority, the Family Coach begins assessing safety within 48 hours of a child moving in with the Host Family—and each week for at least a month.
- Provide a family in need with resources, such as community referrals and assistance in making their appointments.
- Facilitate the relationship between the Host Family and the Family in need with compassion and empathy.
Hours: Flexible and can be done from the comfort of your own home via Zoom calls.
Training is provided.