- Project List
- International Rescue Committee - Employment Services Support
International Rescue Committee - Employment Services Support
2 have signed up & 3 openings remain.
The International Rescue Committee helps people whose lives and livelihoods are shattered by conflict and disaster to survive, recover and gain control of their future.
Under the supervision and direction of the Employment Supervisor, volunteers help with a range of activities to help prepare refugee clients for their first jobs in the US.
- Responsibilities include:
- - Work individually with clients to create resumes, conduct job searches, complete applications, find networking opportunities, and help them understand US work culture.
- - Assist employment staff with a variety of projects and administration needs, such as filing and reviewing client records.
- - Assist employment staff with other tasks as assigned.
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Apply and attend an IRC orientation
- Be interviewed by IRC staff
- Complete a background check
Hours: Minimum commitment: 3 - 6 hrs/week for a minimum 4 months