- Project List
- International Rescue Committee - Donations Assistant
International Rescue Committee - Donations Assistant
0 have signed up & 5 openings remain.
The International Rescue Committee helps people whose lives and livelihoods are shattered by conflict and disaster to survive, recover and gain control of their future.
Donations assistants help locate and organize goods for refugees and help deliver donations to refugees' homes.
- Responsibilities include:
- - Pick up and drop off donations (furniture, computers, clothing, etc.) for refugee and special immigrant clients.
- - Solicit area business, service clubs, and faith-based organizations for in-kind donations.
- - Develop unique strategies for engaging donors and volunteers.
- - Organize and track in-kind donations placed in storage.
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Apply and attend an IRC orientation
- Be interviewed by IRC staff
- Complete a background check
Hours: Minimum commitment: 4 hrs/week for 4 - 6 months.