- Project List
- International Rescue Committee - Vocational ESL Classroom Aide
International Rescue Committee - Vocational ESL Classroom Aide
0 have signed up & 5 openings remain.
The International Rescue Committee helps people whose lives and livelihoods are shattered by conflict and disaster to survive, recover and gain control of their future.
Under the supervision of the VESL Instructors, classroom aides will provide English tutoring support to IRC clients, with an emphasis on language skills that will help them in the workplace.
- Responsibilities include:
- - Lead group sessions and one-on-one sessions with ESL training materials.
- - Assist students with vocabulary and pronunciation.
- - Make copies of instructional materials when needed.
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Apply and attend an IRC orientation
- Be interviewed by IRC staff
- Complete a background check
Hours: Minimum commitment: 3 hrs/week for at least 4 months