- Project List
- Stanislaus County Office of Education - 6 Cups to College Mentor Program
Stanislaus County Office of Education - 6 Cups to College Mentor Program
2 have signed up & 48 openings remain.
6 Cups to College is a mentor-based program is designed to help high school students as they transition to college, and early college students as they prepare for careers.
Volunteers are gender matched with students to share their college experience with a student that has expressed an interest in attending college. Most students would be the first generation in their families to attend college, or are from low income, or are foster youth, and therefore do not have an adult that is able to share the college experience with them.
- Volunteers must have successfully completed college;
- Be willing to meet with a student 6 times throughout the year;
- Be Live Scanned for a criminal background check;
- Assessed for TB risk;
- Attend a brief 1 hour training session.
Mentors are provided with resources needed to assist students. Resources include printed materials and on-line platforms.
Hours: Volunteers meet the student 6 times during the school year for 45 minutes to an hour on a very flexible schedule.