Project Submission: Project Leaders Expectations
Before submitting your project, please read and agree to the following expectations for Project Leaders:
COMMUNICATION IS IMPERATIVE!
• The Love Modesto team will correspond with you regularly for instructions and reminders. Be prepared to monitor your email and texts for updates and respond accordingly and promptly.
• Project Leaders are responsible for communicating with their volunteers through email, texts and/or telephone confirming with each volunteer all details so that there is no confusion.
1) If you haven't created an account on our website, go to: https://www.lovemodesto.com/communityservice/logon. When your project is submitted and your account is created we will get back to you soon on the status of your project.
2) Once your project is approved, you’ll need to organize all the details of your project so that it will be a success for all.
3) Champion your project among everyone you have influence (social media, email, posters, flyers, etc.) and try to get people signed up. Encourage people to sign up at https://www.lovemodesto.com. If you have a school project, inspire your students to tell their parents and families!
4) Email, text and/or call often all of those who sign up for your project ... thanking them and giving the details needed (this needs to be done when they sign up, weekly as well as the few days before the event as a reminder). You will want to confirm with each of them that week before that they will be coming and meeting downtown first before going to your project location. From past experience, DO NOT promote your project location so that there is no confusion. If you are leading a project where the location is in your name (like a school), you’ll have to work extra hard communicating to your volunteers to come Downtown just this one Saturday a year for the Rally and Festivities joining so many others who Love Modesto in 110+ different projects. Encourage everyone to be a part of the Modesto movement as a whole meeting at 8am Downtown not just their one project!
5) Make sure you CLEARLY let everyone know that we are gathering Downtown (I Street between 10th & 11th - in front of the Gallo Center), NOT at your project location. Festivities begin at 8am. The Rally should begin around 8:45am and end not too long after 9am. After the Rally, you and all of your volunteers will meet at your project sign to hear your vision and instructions BEFORE going to your project location (do not have any of your volunteers leave ahead of time). If you need to have a trusted someone at your project site ahead of time preparing for the volunteers, this is fine as long you are at your project sign leading your volunteers downtown and you are the last to leave making sure all volunteers show up.
6) ALL Project Leaders need to be Downtown by 7:15am (DO NOT be late) for our Project Leaders Meeting and Group Photo on April 21! You’ll also be receiving some important last minute information, Free Modesto Nuts tickets for each of your volunteers, red Project Leader vests, etc.
7) During the Festivities, you need to stand near your project banner where your volunteers will meet you. After the Rally, you’ll have a short orientation with your group to not only share about what you’ll be doing, but also cast vision for your organization and asking if it would be ok to stay in touch with them (since you will have their contact information). Hopefully many will continue to volunteer with you long term, but it's up to you to continually reach out to them after April 21.
8) After your project is finished, consider having a “Thank You Party”. An increasing number of our projects have been doing a simple BBQ after their project in recent years. You would have the freedom to do this or whatever you would like. You'll want to get others on your team to prepare and lead this “party” and they might contact some of our local businesses to request food and drink donations.
9) After the April 21, make sure you email all your volunteers thanking them and encouraging them to fill out the survey at: https://www.lovemodesto.com/survey
10) Stay in touch with your volunteers and offer opportunities through out the year to continue to volunteer with your organization or efforts!